Forward Together Wisconsin is a state-wide, intentionally inclusive and diverse moral movement that brings together a broad coalition of individuals and organizations. We are led by faith, philosophy, personal conviction or experience. and are committed to nonviolent action. We are committed to work through nonviolent action for the implementation of sound and ethical public policies and laws at every level which will benefit all of the residents of our state.
Our goal is to build collective power in order to affirm the humanity of every person, uphold the stewardship of the natural resources that sustain us, and preserve the moral foundations of our society.
What do we stand for?
- Pro-labor and anti-poverty policies that ensure economic sustainability through employment, living wages, the alleviation of disparate unemployment, labor rights, affordable housing, and strong safety net services for the poor and disenfranchised, including protections for Social Security, reasonable policies for immigrant residents, infrastructure development, and fair tax reform.
- Education equality to ensure that the state provides every child, youth, and young adult access to a high quality, well-funded, constitutional, diverse public education as well as to safe, gun-free schools by securing equitable funding for all students regardless of sexual orientation, gender and gender identity, race, ethnic or socio-economic background, or documented status.
- Healthcare for all that seeks universal access to affordable care, and protections for health-care programs including Medicare, Medicaid, and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
- Fairness in the criminal justice system by addressing the continuing inequalities and injustices in the system and providing equal protection under the law for black, brown, and poor white people, including the LGBTQ community and those with mental illness.
- Protection and expansion of voting rights, women’s rights, children’s rights, immigrant rights, and the fundamental principles of equal protection under the law for every resident of Wisconsin regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or family composition.
- Protection of our environment and natural resources, and supporting equitable and sustainable development, including creating a green economy, and by providing environmental protections that safeguard public health.
- Common sense measures aimed at reducing the level of gun violence, death, and injury in Wisconsin communities.